As we know Safari Portal is an incredibly flexible tool, and there are often many ways to present your itineraries.
Here's one way to structure your activities based itineraries:
1. First, create a template in your Content Library called Accommodations Overview. This should be a generic overview of the properties you have included in the itinerary. You can use a Miscellaneous page or a Note About Your Safari page for this.
2. Then, create a similar template in your Content Library called something like Daily Program or Daily Activities, again using either a Miscellaneous page or a Note About Your Safari page. You may want to play around with using some Safari Portal icons here.
3. Now you're ready to create your itinerary! The easiest way is to start from the sample itinerary we created for this by going to Itineraries > Create New Itinerary > New From Sample Itinerary and searching for "activity based" - the sample itinerary we created is called The Best of Peru.
4. Assign the itinerary to an existing File or create a new File, update the Internal Itinerary notes, Proposal Title, Travel Dates, and pull in any About Us pages, Notes About Safari, or Terms pages you like.
5. On the Details tab, note you could also flip the framework to start with the Daily Programme and display the accommodations after, and you could also create a third section if you wanted just with the Destination overview (Area pages) laid out separately - if you do this, you should select multiple days in the Date picker for the dates they will be in the relevant areas.
6. In the top section, delete the sample Accommodations Overview page and instead pull in the template you created by typing @AccommodationsOverview, and delete the note.
7. If you have firm dates, click the Organize by Date toggle.
8. Click into the Date column and update the Days or Dates to accommodate your itinerary.
9. In the Accommodations & Rooming section, update the properties to the ones you are including.
10. Delete the dummy @DailyProgramme page and pull in the one you created.
11. Use the Day 1, 2, 3 individual days to @mention any areas or activities you've included (note you may need to create some of these activities or areas first in your Content Library).
12. Review the proposal in the Itinerary tab! 🎉