How Can I Add Content Blocks Into My Content Pages?
Welcome to this help tutorial on possibly the most powerful element in the Element Library - Content Blocks.
Content Blocks essentially allow you to pull in anything that already exists within your Content Library as a section within the existing page that you're on. This gives you a ton of flexibility in terms of how you present your proposals, never mind to mention the amount of time that it will save you.
How To Use Content Blocks:
1. Hover underneath the area where you want to insert the Content Block
2. Click on the blue line with a plus sign to open up the Element Library
3. From the Element Library, select the Blocks option
4. From here you can search the Content Library for the page that you would like to pull in as a section.
5. Now we can customize the Content Block as needed.
📌 Note: The block element will pull in only on the right side of the page as a section within the page that we’re on.
How To Create Your Own Content Blocks:
1. Navigate to your Content Library, click Create New Content and select the type of content page you would like to create. Make sure to use the tag "block" so that you can easily search for it at a later stage.
2. Select an element from your Element Library. For example, a fast fact.
3. Customize this however you would like.
4. Delete any irrelevant blocks that you don't need for your custom content block. For example, any text blocks or sections that might have been automatically loaded onto the page.
5. Click Save.
📌 Note: If you think you will only EVER use this page as a block, and never as a standalone page, don't worry about adding photos or text on the left as Content Blocks will ONLY pull in the content created on the right hand side of the page.
Now, you can quickly add this page in as a content block in any itinerary going forward!
Creating Activity-Based Itineraries
You can also use content blocks to create region, day or activity-based itineraries in any number of ways. Here are some examples:
Day-By-Day Itinerary Example:
Step by step instructions for creating a day-by-by detailed itinerary where the itinerary is broken out into each individual day
- Here is a sample itinerary laid out by day using blocks:
Region-Based Itinerary Example:
Step by step instructions for creating a day-by-by detailed itinerary where the itinerary is broken out into sections depending on which area /city/region your clients are in (and the accommodations and activities are organized within that section).
- Here is a sample itinerary laid out by region using blocks
Why are there character limits in the text blocks on Content pages?
Using Content Blocks: Example itinerary organized by area or region
Using Content Blocks: Example creating an itinerary broken out by day